Sunday, January 26, 2014

Oven Fried Chicken Stuffer


1 Perdue oven stuffed roaster (of choice)
1/2 c black pepper
3 tbsp adobo
1/2 c bitter orange
2 tbsp fresh basil chopped
1 c diced onion
Zest of an orange
1/2 tsp of Bacon grease 

This is  9 lb fatty I cooked it close to 5 hours. Instruction said a little over 3 1/2 hours but I prefer my meat to be well cooked. 

Creating that basket helped create a vacuum to heat steam and cook this big boy. 



Directions 

Preheat oven to 450.

I haven't purchased a roasting pan yet so I did my best with what I had at hand. 

I took a lasagna pan and top it with one of my cookie racks. And it worked beautifully. 

I placed this bad boy on top of the rack and lathered it bacon grease first then sprinkled the adobo, black pepper and bitter orange both inside and the outside of the bird. 

Inserted in the cavity of the bird the basil, orange zest and onions.

Took two large pieces of foil and shaped it like a tent over the bird (without touching the bird ). I did this to create a steam vent around the bird while in the oven. 

One hour and half through I rotated the bird to its other side and put back the steam vent foil on top. 

When an hour was left I removed the foil a from the sides of the pan switched the heat to high broil. Waited 20 minutes then removed the foil so it could brown nicely without burning. Left it this way for 10 minutes. 

Then removed the bird, turned it on its other side a just placed to the foil without grabbing to the sides of the pan. Waited 20 minutes then removed the foil and let brown golden for the ten minutes. 

Turn off oven. Remove your bird from the oven. Covering it with the foil so its juices may return before you cut and serve it. 

This tasty chicken is in credibility moist in the inside and crunchy on the outside. 

Perfect to top a salad, add it to your soups, chillies, tacos, porridge, rice dishes, sandwiches and burritos. The list is endless. 

I used some for dinner and froze the rest for days that I'm restricted on time. 

Delicious! 






 




No comments:

Post a Comment