Saturday, January 18, 2014

Roast beef & cheese on Challah bread & a bowl of tomato mushroom soup


A darling neighbor of ours brought some delicious freshly baked Challah bread for us. I nearly made a back flip. Have I mentioned bread is my weakness? 

Well yes it is, but I've been real good about it. The last time I had Challad bread was three years ago. 

So I received this wonderful gift with open arms. I thought soup & sandwich would be in order for tonight's meal. 

This is what I created. 

Ingredients

1 6 inch challah bread
Banana peppers
2 slices of low sodium Lorraine cheese
4 thinly sliced deli roast beef
Horseradish or mayonnaise  


1 16 oz can purée tomato 
1/2 cup of chopped button mushroom
1/8 tsp of dry oregano leaves
1/2 tsp of olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste 

Directions

Soup 

In a medium pan add the oil and mushrooms. Stir gently and let mushroom sweat for about a minute.

Now add the tomato purée, oregano and salt and pepper. Let simmer for another 5 minutes. 

Sandwich

Cut open your challah bread and toast it in the oven or on the stove. Then set aside. 

Dress the inside of your challah bread with a little horseradish or mayo. Layer the roast beef and cheese. 

Transfer it back into the pre-heated oven so the cheese can melt. Then remove. 
Now add the banana peppers. 

Plate the sandwich, soup and serve. 

Yum!
Enjoy! 

Bon Apetit. 







No comments:

Post a Comment