Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Avocado Cacao Pudding



Went to visit mom yesterday to find she had a handful of Hass avocados to give me. 

(Picture of California Hass Avocado)

I thought, " What can I do with all these avocados?" I love avocados, but they have to be Florida Avicados.  

(Picture of Florida Lite Avocados)


Other than the once - a -month hair dressing treatment we usually do. What else can I do with these creamy Hass avocados? 

Bam! I thought i try and experiment that avocado chocolate pudding recipe I saw months ago in some vegan book while I waited to be checkout at a Barnes & Noble. 

The only bad thing I didn't jot down the recipe, so I whipped up this concoction. 

I must admit, I was a bit hesitant to make this pudding. The thought of avocados sweetened struck a cord of concerned. 

But thankful this vegan dessert turned out amazing. Stoked that I can enjoy this delicious dessert without the guilt. 

* Remember - portion control

I will try this recipe again but with a Florida Avocado and see how that turns out. 

In the meantime,  here is how I made it. 

Ingredients

2 tbsp raw cacao 
2 tbsp agave nectar
1 tbsp natural sugar crystals
1 tsp virgin coconut oil *optional
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 c coconut milk
2 medium/small ripe avocados

Toppings *optional

Dark chocolate morsels
Light whipped cream

Instructions

In food processor add ingredients. Pulse to smooth out the avocados. Now add the agave, cacao, vanilla extract, coconut oil and sugar. Slowly pour the coconut milk. 


I encourage you to taste as you go along. 


Voila! Chocolate decadence! 

Plate and serve. Top with your desired toppings. 


Here I share an article on the difference between the two avocados:

http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/health-fitness/healthy-eating/what’s-the-difference-between-california-and-florida-avocados

Enjoy! 

Bon Apetit! 




No comments:

Post a Comment