Saturday, April 27, 2013

Feeding your blood healthy


Beets Juice

Here is the beet juice that I had this morning. I must confess that I am not a fan of beets. But I cannot stress you more with the powerful nutrients that are packed in this vegetable.

I had already boiled this vegetable yesterday but could not find the strength to continue to  prepare it. Thanks for my daughter came back home and took care of it for me.
Ladies and Gents I am a true believer I am feeling better, may fatigued is almost all gone, so much so that I am here able to log this experience for you and sharing this blessed vegetable to you all.

Here is goes.
Ingredients

2 medium large beets washed and peeled removed halved
water
1 green tea bag (Twinings Naturally decaffeinated Green Tea)
1 tsp of fresh ginger 



Instructions:

In a medium saucepan add water to the beets and all the ingredients above.
Let simmer for about 10-15 minutes or until beets are fork tender. Set aside to cool. Once cooled, remove the tea bag squeeze the tea bag to get all the concentration of the green tea and toss away. Now take all that juice from the beets, and the ginger and beets and blend it till all liquid form in a blender. You may use colander and drain anything that may be left from the beets and the ginger. You are all done now serve and drink up. What ever is left keep in the fridge for your next serving. 

I found this vegetable juice sweet enough for me but if not sweet enough for you honey, raw sugar, substitute sugars of you choice can be added.
I've enclosed here a site that can help you see all the healthy nutrients in beets.  Bookmark it and read it when able : http://www.nutrition-and-you.com/beets.html


Bon Apetite!



No comments:

Post a Comment